At Wallands we are dedicated to creating a happy, safe and inspiring learning environment based on mutual respect and trust for everyone in the school community.
We see social development as a vital part of the developmental journey towards responsible citizenship and to enable all children to achieve their full potential.
We encourage children to take responsibility for their own actions and to put things right, so they can make a fresh start.
The teachers are calm and listen to you. They help you feel calm and think about your behaviour. Layla Year 5
Aims of the policy:
- To promote an environment where everyone feels happy, safe and secure
- To promote positive behaviours for learning
- To promote a positive ethos in the school by encouraging a shared understanding through the school’s vision
- To support children in becoming positive, responsible and independent members of the school community through building their self-esteem and in turn respect for others
- To promote good relationships so that people can work together with the common purpose of helping everyone to learn and succeed
- To ensure that everyone takes responsibility for their actions and choices and are aware of how their behaviour impacts on others around them
- To provide a clear outline of the structure of positive behaviour strategies used in both the classroom and around the school
We have agreed as a staff to summarise our behaviour expectations to three simple rules:
The school has a really good system to help us behave. We have a behaviour chart and charter stars to show that we’re getting it right.
Our teachers expect us to be Ready, Respectful and Safe and they help us remember our school values. Seth Year 5